Call for participants: seminar on segregation in school environments
The Youth Department of the Council of Europe has launched a call for participants for the seminar “The role of youth work in combating segregation in school environments: a seminar for youth workers and actors in formal education”, which will be held in Strasbourg, 21-24 November 2012.
Deadline for applying for the seminar is 22 October 2012.
By organising this seminar, the Youth Department of the Council of Europe seeks to support the role of youth work, youth organisations and education actors actively engaged in fighting segregation, by promoting the exchange of practices on fighting segregation and identifying principles and approaches applicable to youth, educational, and social policies.
The specific objectives of the seminar are:
- To review the causes, challenges, and manifestations of school segregation across Europe;
- To share practices and approaches from the field of youth work and formal education;
- To identify future actions needed to better equip youth work and policies for addressing segregation in schools;
- To familiarise participants with the approaches and activities of the Council of Europe in the area of fighting segregation in schools, and supporting intercultural and human rights education;
- To provide input from the Roma Youth Action Plan and the Enter! project on access to social rights for all young people.