Active members: 111
Promoting members: 26
The primary objective of SVB is to support and strengthen school student councils and unions and foster participation of students in their schools. SVB promotes:
- the education towards democracy and independent action of young people and empowers them to take responsibilities;
- the participation of students in the development and design of their school;
- the ability of young people to represent their interests towards decision-makers;
- human rights, in particular the Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC);
- individual and social development of young people. SVB would like to support young people to have good living conditions for themselves and to create their own safe environment.
The main topic is participation of school students in everyday life in school and in policy making. Other topics SVB recently worked on are education on sustainable development, inclusion, democracy education and eLearning. Self-efficacy and participation oriented learning are also very important to SVB.
Our main projects for many years has been the networks of SV-Berater*innen (coaches for school student councils and unions) and Klima-Botschafter*innen (coaches on education on sustainable development and climate change) where we train active students to facilitate workshops and seminars for groups of school students and be multipliers.